The Art Matrix reviews and posts on the latest and best popular psychology and spirituality-related products empowering holistic well-being. Everything we pick, review, and share is founded in the Art Matrix philosophy: authentic, eco-conscious, holistic living.
Image source: Pexels
Psychological wellness is an important aspect of holistic health. Mental health often overlaps with spiritual, emotionally and physical health. The big distinction between mental and emotional health though is that while our emotional health refers mostly to our daily mood and emotions, our mental health refers to our cognitive abilities that affect how our brain functions.
Ways that you can support your mental health:
- always keep your mind active by seeking out learning opportunities and problem-solving practices that challenge our brain
- consume nutrient dense foods that are high in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids that will help reduce overall inflammation and support cognitive function
- avoid excess drinking, smoking, and consuming of recreational drugs
- improve gut health with gut-healing foods like bone broth and prebiotic and probiotic foods–this is very important because the brain is directly connected to the gut so a healthy gut is essential for a healthy mind
Spiritual wellness does not necessarily mean that you need ot become religious although the two often have overlapping practices and principles. Instead, your spiritual health should focus on how you are connecting with your inner soul and the greater world around you.
Ways you can support your spiritual health:
- spend time in nature
- spend a few minutes each day meditating
- if you are religious, take the time to practice your faith
(We are under construction–please stay tuned!)
The Art Matrix
🕊 empowering holistic well-being 🕊